Blue Dog Glass hires out the workshop, kilns and equipment to students and artists. Bookings are essential and it is expected that the hirer can work independently without assistance. Should you feel you need any help please discuss this with us when you book.
The studio is open to anyone who has taken part in Level 1 or equivalent at Blue Dog glass. Open studio times are detailed under Classes on the website. Bookings are essential. The cost is $10 per hour or $40 per day. Firings are not included in this cost.
We have a range of kilns available for hire. Most students choose to fill a kiln shelf and leave it for us to fire, however if you want to fire a full kiln and program it to suit your work, we are happy to work this way.
Costs for shelves (based on 24 hour firing):
- 30 x 30 kiln shelf with thinfire for jewellery $25
- 40 x 40 kiln shelf $15
- 50 x 50 kiln shelf $30
- 60 x 60 kiln shelf $40
- 24 hour hire of kilns ( please contact us for prices on longer firings):
- Small top loading kilns 30wx 37w cm shelf size $25
- Small front loader or top loader, approx. 45w x 45w x45d cm internal space $44
- Large front loader, suitable for casting 45w x 45d x 90h cm internal space $75
- Large kiln 60w x 120dx 80h cm $88
- Large top kiln 45w x 88 d x 45 h $75
- Large Bell kiln 90w x 100x $88
$35 per hour
Coldworking Equipment Hire
$35 per hour Please contact us to discuss requirements and prices for coldworking equipment.
Blue Dog Glass 9580 7302